April 23, 2015
This summer is all about the release of the sequel from Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy, Det som inte dödar oss (The Girl in the Spider's web). It is by far this year's greatest book release - in Sweden and internationally – and Valetin&Byhr ad agency in Gothenburg received the prestigious mission to design the artwork cover. The collaboration between Valentin&Byhr and book publisher Norstedts has spanned over 15 years and including the launch of Det som inte dödar oss, Valentin&Byhr has designed all four covers in the Millennium series.
The new cover is following the same style as the previous books.
– It is an amazing opportunity and a rare thing to be able to work with something which engages so many people all around the world, says Jörgen Einéus from Valentin&Byhr who has worked with Norstedts for more than 15 years and also the person behind the first three book covers.
The great mystique surrounding the independent sequel to Stieg Larsson's trilogy – written by David Lagercrantz – has been noticed around the world. The Guardian labelled the project "Harry Potter-style level of security" and the interest in the UK in general is reaching record-high.
– The secrecy process has been extreme; we have worked with code names and have had a very limited number of people around the world able to access information about the book. This has of course increased the interest for the book which have been especially noticeable abroad, says Jörgen Einéus.
– The layout is magazine-inspired, exactly as before, but with a more modern design. Millennium was Stieg Larsson's alternative dimension and we have chosen to acknowledge him and the previous books in this cover, says Jörgen Einéus.
– Our collaboration has yet again resulted in a very smart, suggestive and thrilling cover. There is an appealing mystique in the cover of Det som inte dödar oss, yet easy to recognise, says Susanna Romanus, chief publicist at Norstedts.
Det som inte dödar oss is released on August 27th and the book has already been sold to 38 countries worldwide. The previous books in the Millennium series has been translated in 50 countries and sold in over 80 million copies across the world.
– It has been great to work with the Millennium series and yet again be able to create a cover for a book series, which is solely unique. We are very grateful to have Jörgen with us, who makes world-class work with the retouch, says Magnus Rösman, Executive Creative Director at Valentin&Byhr.
For more information, contact us!
Valentin&Byhr got the prestigious assignment to create the book cover and the ad campaign to...